Guacamole is the traditional Mexican sauce made from avocado and spice. Its name is derived from the Aztec words “ahuacatl” which means “avocado” and “molli” which denotes “dip”.
There are a lot of various recipes of the dishes that are cooked with this sauce. The flavor added by garlic, onion, pepper and olive oil is aimed to emphasize the soft taste of avocado and lime puree which is the irreplaceable basis for this dip.
Traditionally guacamole is served with the corn chips called nachos or tortillas. Today many people all over the world eat guacamole sauce with bread or the pieces of potato chips. The ones who try to keep fit dip the slices of vegetables into the bowl with guacamole. The popularity of this dip is explained by its ability to be adjusted to any dish or occasion. The fresh puree of the soft shade of green is a real decoration or any table. The chicken soup with guacamole sauce will be a surprise for your guests who will appreciate its delicate and gourmet taste.
The preparing of guacamole soup will take you about an hour. To make 10 average servings you will need:
- 1 tablespoonful of olive oil
- 1 small hashed onion
- 1 hashed clove of garlic
- 1 hashed chilli pepper with the seeds removed
- 1 liter of chicken broth
- 3 mashed avocados
- 5 tablespoonfuls of cilantro leaves
- Warm the oil in the large bowl.
- Fry the onion for 1 or 2 minutes mixing it with the wooden spatula. Then add the chilli pepper and garlic. Turn the stove burner off. Leave the vegetables on the hot pan for two minutes more.
- Put the fried vegetables into the warm oil and add the chicken broth. Wait until the mixture begins to boil. Then lessen the temperature and leave it to boil for 5 minutes more with the lid closed.
- Cool the broth down and add the avocado puree with the cilantro leaves. Blend the mixture to the consistence of a squash.
- Add the spice and warm the soup slightly. You may also serve the guacamole soup cool if you wish. Its fresh and rich taste will refresh you if is it hot outside. Add a tablespoonful of sour cream and several whole leaves of cilantro to decorate your serving. The sliced fresh cucumber will be a good addition to the cold guacamole soup and the slice of a crunchy baguette will go well with the hot one.